I really enjoy holidays now. Some I spend with friends; some I'm prefer to be alone; during some I travel. I even have my own holiday traditions for each. I keep them simple and as stress-free as possible. I celebrate them as I wish, and do not allow other people's expectations to interfere.
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year, hands down. It doesn't matter if I spend it alone or with friends or on a beach or in a mountain cabin. Thanksgiving is da bomb!
1. It takes place in my favorite season - fall.
2. There's no direct religious or political connection.
3. There's no gift-giving, unless you bring a hostess gift when you're a guest.
4. It involves good food - a single hearty meal and, if you're lucky, leftovers.
5. No one is setting off fireworks that scare the crap out of my cat.
Thanksgiving has one purpose: to give thanks.
It's a day of giving thanks for the good things in your life - your family, friends, good health, love, food, and shelter. And it's a day to remember that not everyone has these basic needs.
It's a day of putting greed, differences, and sense of entitlement aside, and being humble in the face of your good fortunes and blessings.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE!