On a personal level, 2016 was not a bad year:
- I decided how I wanted to spend my retirement and started making plans toward that.
- I cleaned up a lot of personal debt, am in a good stable place, and am saving more.
- I wrote 3 novels.
- I'm healthy, and while I didn't lose any weight, I didn't gain any. Seriously, my weight is almost to the ounce the same as on January 1, 2016.
- I made a lot of new friends. Many new people came into my life this year, mostly through my new RV connections, and I have become personal friends with many of them. A gal can never have enough friends.
So, what's up for me for 2017?
Glad you asked. Here are my goals for this year:
- Successfully co-chair the 2017 California Crime Writers Conference.
- Complete my 2017 miles in 2017 challenge, which goes hand-in-hand with more exercise.
- Lose at least 50 lbs.
- Downsize my apartment for retirement aka minimize the crap I own. Someone posted on Facebook about disposing of 5 items a day, big or small. I like that. So most days, I will either toss, put in Good Will pile, or in the sell or save piles, 3-5 items a day.
- Finish Odelia Grey novel #12 - a major priority since it's already tardy
- Finish Winnie Wilde novella #3
- Begin Granny Apples novel #10
- Finish my novel Finding Zelda, which I've been working on for several years here and there.
- Read at least 40 books in the Goodreads 2017 Reading challenge. Yeah, I know a lot of people read more, but remember, I'm also writing books, and by the time a book is done, I have read it at least 10 times and don't count that.
So bring it on 2017, I'm ready for ya!