Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Taking Back My Name

Buy Now
I'm committing murder and I'm letting you know right up front. By the time you read this blog, I will have killed Meg Chambers and disposed of her body. Cuff me, book me, and convict me. I confess. I did it.

Meg Chambers is the pen name under which I've been writing my Winnie Wilde romance novels. In the future, all Winnie Wilde novels will be published under my real name of Sue Ann Jaffarian.

A woman taking back her real name isn't something new. It happens all the time. Well, I'm taking back my name, my brand, and my power.

For two years I've been publishing my Winnie Wilde romance series under the pen name of Meg Chambers. I did this under the advisement of my agent because at the time I began the series, I was under contract to two traditional publishers and they tend to frown upon authors writing in new genres under the name/brand they feel they control. The worry is that another style of book might interfere with those they sell. At least that's what I'm told.

Buy Now
I've never been totally on board with using a pen name but now that I'm planting my flag firmly into the indie publishing soil, part of that process is rebranding the Winnie Wilde series with my real name. I've tried my best to let the public know that the Winnie books are written by me, but the message was lost since I couldn't put my name on the covers.

Until now.

Here they are, the new covers for RUNNING WILDE and WILDE WOMEN. When the third book comes out shortly after the new year, it will only be known as a Sue Ann Jaffarian book. All books written by me in the future will only have my real name on them. This is MY brand and one I am very proud of.

I'm trusting the reading public to understand that while The Ghost of Granny Apples books are cozy and the Odelia Grey novels are amateur sleuth, one look at the covers of the Winnie books will make it clear that these are steamy romance novels, and adjust their purchases accordingly.

I'm not a cozy writer, or a mystery writer. 
I am a writer. 

That means I write a lot of different stuff. And warning, there's a lot of new and different stuff on the horizon, both within and outside of the mystery genre. I have so many ideas for new books and series, my head is about to explode. And only Sue Ann Jaffarian can write those books. And only that name should be on those books.

So buckle up, buttercup. It's going to be a wild and fun ride! That I promise.

Go, me!


jazz said...

Yay! Be independent. Be strong. Be proud.

jazz said...

Yay! Be independent. Be strong. Be proud.

Robin Roberts said...

Love your Winnie Wilde series as well as odelia and granny. Just keep them coming!

Doug Pearson said...

Great! love your Wilde series and I love your vampire series.I look forward to more of both--from Sue Ann Jaffarian!

Pearl R. Meaker said...

Way to go, Sue Ann!
You'll need to change your bio information in your sidebar to truly put Meg Chambers to rest. ;-)

Sue Ann Jaffarian said...

Thanks, everyone. And, Pearl, thanks for catching that. It's all fixed.

Dru said...

Looking forward to joining you on your wild ride.