Tuesday, April 05, 2016

Spring Time is Festival of Books Time!

Every April for one weekend, authors, publishers, entertainers, and people of all ages pilgrimage to the USC Campus in Los Angeles for the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books.

I am always surprised when I run into people who say they have never attended this annual event. In the past 12 years I've missed it once and only once, and that was because I had a bad injury to my leg and it was difficult to get around. A few years ago I attended even though I had an abscessed tooth!

But you're an author, you say. You need to be there. 

True, it is a place where I am able to connect personally with readers of my work and introduce myself to new readers. But if only authors attended, there would be no reason to have the event.

There is something for everyone at the LA Times Festival of Books, no matter your age or interest. If you have kids, this is a grand place to bring them. Admission is FREE! And there is an entire children's section complete with people dressed up as their favorite book characters. There's music. Food trucks. Panels with interesting folks. 

And BOOKS!!!  Let's not forget books!

There is also lots of parking on site, but I take the Metro when I go. It saves me a lot of time, money and stress.

Here is my schedule for the LA Times Festival of Books for 2016. All booths below are located in the 300 section, in Founders Park by Bovard Auditorium. 

Saturday, April 9, 3-4 pm, So Cal MWA booth

Saturday, April 9, 4-6 pm, Sisters In Crime/LA booth

Sunday, April 10, 12-1 pm Mystery Ink Bookstore booth

Sunday, April 10, 2-3 pm, Mysterious Galaxy Bookstore booth

Come on by and say hello!

1 comment:

Mark Baker said...

I've been attending for 15 years or so, and it's always fun!

See you Saturday.