Monday, December 01, 2014

Stay-Cations Rock!

Today I go back to work at ye old day job. I took Thanksgiving week off. Not to go anywhere, but to stay home and get some stuff done around the house. I did this a couple of years ago and loved every minute of it.

Boy, I'm scratching my head. It hardly seems possible that the past nine days have flown by so fast. Where did the time go? It seems like it just started and here I am about to get showered and dressed for work.

Here in Los Angeles we enjoyed unseasonably warm weather for the entire week with it being in the 80s, and I had wanted to get to the beach at least one day to sit and enjoy it without summer crowds.  I ended up not getting around to that, or a few other things, but that's okay.  Here's my report card for the things I had on my Stay-cation To Do List:

Go to beach  - Nope
Clean out closets - Started on kitchen closets
Organize old mail and papers and file them away - Done
Get rid of piled up recycling - Done
Clean apartment thoroughly - Half done
Meet Lori Tillman for our joint birthday lunch - postponed a week due to my screw-up
Participated in Vroman's Indies First Event on November 29th - Done and so much fun!
Organize old knickknacks around the house and put most away in curio cabinet - Done
Finish all 3 books I was reading - Done
Start Christmas shopping - Yes
Plot out new direction for writing career - Yes. See that here.
Work on first Winnie Wilde novella - Yes
Work on 3rd Madison Rose novel - Yes
Work on 11th Odelia Grey novel - Yes
Complete and publish Odelia Grey Holiday short story HO HO HUMBUG - Yes. Buy here.
Make my first vegan Thanksgiving - Yes, with mixed results
Catch up on all the stuff stored on my DVR - Almost
Get a good night's rest every night - YES! YES! YES!
Go see a movie - Nope
Write upcoming guest blog - Started
Get exercise every day and hit my 100 mi in November goal - DONE!
Work on new short story EARLY RETIREMENT - Yes
Set up some guest authors for 2015 for the Sue Ann Jaffarian Fan Club - Yes
Clean out fridge - Yes

I'm disappointed that I didn't finish my cleaning or my closets, but I'm heading back to the office to feeling refreshed and satisfied and ready to take on December.

Starting today, I'm also back on my usual routine of writing each morning on the books next up for deadline.  I had set those aside for this past week and only worked on my indie projects.  But I must get back to GHOST WRITER, the 6th Ghost of Granny Apples novel that is due in less than 4 months and THE GHOST OF MISTLETOE MARY, the 3rd Granny Apples novella due in 5 months.

As much as I love to travel, I do so LOVE stay-cations!  Maybe I can get in another short one in soon!  I hope. I hope. I hope!

1 comment:

Alisa said...

So accomplished! When I do a staycation I'm lucky to get showered every other day! LOL