Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Bouchercon, Here I Come!

This year Bouchercon, the annual World Mystery Conference, is being held in Long Beach, which is just down the 405 freeway from me.  I haven't been to a Bouchercon in a few years, so since it's practically in my backyard, decided to hit it this time around.

Bouchercon is a fan-based conference where mystery writers and mystery readers from all over collide for 4 days of fun, panels, workshops, awards, and the celebration of mystery books.

It's the Comic Con of murder and mayhem, but without the funny costumes! 

I have two panels scheduled, one on Thursday and one on Friday, and so far one signing time besides those after the panels. I'll also be attending the Penguin/Berkley cocktail party and have at least one meal scheduled with friends.

This should be so much fun. These conferences are not only a place for me to connect with readers, but with other writers and friends who are scattered far and wide.

If you're going to Bouchercon, here's my schedule. Come up and say "hi."

November 13 - 9-11 am
Author Speed Dating

November 13 - 1-2 pm
Panel:  Murder Most Ghostly and Paranormal

November 13 - 5:15-5:45 pm
Book Signing at Mystery Mike's booth
 
November 14 - 11:30 am -12:30 pm
Panel: Make 'em Laugh: Balancing the Lows of Loss with Highs of Humor
 
 

No comments: