Monday, October 27, 2014

New Year's Resolutions? Oh Yeah, Those!

Here we are in the last quarter of 2014. Wow, time has certainly flown by this year! 

Would you believe there are just 65 days left in 2014?!  It's true!

Just so you know I haven't forgotten, here is my 3rd quarter progress report on my 2014 New Year's Resolutions. I would have filed the report sooner but I was on book deadline until last week, but never late than never.

To recap,  my 2014 New Year's Resolutions were:

1) Make my bed every day
2) Balance my check book every month
3) Stick to a workout and eating program
4) Read at least 30 books this year.
And here is how they stand as of today:

1) Ummm, I've probably only made my bed half the time.  BUT I'm making a resolution right this second to finish the year strong and make it every day for the next 65 days!

2) To be honest, I have balanced my checkbook every month except for one, then immediately got back on track with it.

3) I continue to eat healthier and move a lot more. I wear George the FitBit almost every day and it continues to push me to be more active.  I've also started getting on my exercise bike while watching TV several nights a week. In addition, I now eat mostly vegan and have even started up a blog called The Half-Assed Vegan for folks curious about the lifestyle or just how to change little things in their eating habits. I lost weight this year, but not a ton, but what I've lost, I've managed to keep off (allowing for a grudging 3-5 lbs that come and go with regularity).

4) As of today I have read 29 of the 30 book goal I set for myself! And that does not include all the times I've read my own manuscripts over and over before turning them into my publishers. I'm sure between now and the end of the year I will easily complete 2-4 more books.

With only 65 days left in 2014, I have no intention of falling off the resolution wagon, not even with the bed-making.  WATCH ME!

No comments: