Wednesday, April 30, 2014
A New Year's Resolutions Report Card
In January I made the following 2014 New Year's Resolutions:
1) Make my bed every day
2) Balance my check book every month
3) Stick to a workout and eating program
4) Read at least 30 books this year.
And the progress report:
1) Um, the first month I was great on making my bed. February less so. Now it's back to the old habit of making my bed whenever. But if I have to fail on one of my resolutions, this is the least important one. I still have high hopes for it for the rest of the year.
2) Yes! Balanced! Every 2 weeks, right after pay day, I balance my check book to the penny! Amazing!
3) Yes! With help from George (see post on My New Man), and this resolution I have lost 15 lbs since the first of the year and feel so much better in my knees and other joints. I still slide into old bad eating habits once in a while but nothing like before. For the most part I've cut out fried foods, most dairy, and a lot of sugar, and about half of my meals each week are vegetarian or vegan. Like I said, there are still slips and slides, but it's interesting how yucky I feel now when I have a burger or fried food. And I discovered I love veggie burgers. Who knew?!
Not part of the resolutions, but I also gave up soda. I haven't had one since mid-January. I wasn't a big soda drinker anyway, either diet or regular, so this wasn't that difficult. Every now and then I get a hankering for one then remember an article I read in January on healthy eating. It called soda the "Devil's piss." Colorful, yes? Now every time I see one, that's all I hear in my head.
Wonder if I could get that to work with chocolate?
4) Yes! I just finished reading my 10th book for 2014 and have two more in progress.
Who'd a thunk it, but New Year's Resolutions can be kept.
At least 3 out of 4...