Saturday, February 01, 2014

I've Nailed It ... So Far

Okay, January 2014 is officially over. 1 month down, 11 to go in this new year. And it's going to be a busy year.

In 2014 I have 2 novels due:  GHOST IN THE GUACAMOLE is due to Berkley in April and Odelia #10 (working title JUNK IN THE TRUNK) is due to Midnight Ink in October.

In between, I'll be producing two more Odelia Grey audio books with the talented Lynne Darlington, who did a bang-up job on TOO BIG TO MISS.  If you love audio books, check it out. It's available at Amazon, iTunes and Audible.com.

I'll also be noodling around with finishing up the novel based on my Holidays from Hell short stories, and developing a new mystery series for my agent to peddle late this year or early next year.  More on that later.  And I'll be publishing at least one more short story this year.

2014 is also going to see me making more public appearances.  I took the last year or so off from the grind but check out my calendar to the right of this post and you'll see I'm hitting the trail a lot more this year. I'll also be in Massachusetts in August for a week-long combined research, reader meet and greet, and family visit trip. 

But I digress, as I tend to do.

The real reason for this post is to announce that I have pretty much nailed my 2014 New Year's Resolutions ... so far.  Yep, IT CAN BE DONE!

My 2014 New Year's Resolutions are:

1) Make my bed every day
2) Balance my check book every month
3) Stick to a workout and eating program
4) Read at least 30 books this year.

And the progress report:

1) I've made my bed all but 3 times in January and 2 of those days was over a weekend when I wasn't feeling great and kept crawling back into it;
2) Yes! Balanced!  No additional money, but at least it adds up.
3) Yes! Thanks to George (see post on My New Man), I've met this goal AND have lost 8 lbs this month.
4) I just finished reading my 4th book for the new year.

2 comments:

Janet A said...

Great on the lost weight.
Don't let the times you hit a plateau upset you. That is a normal thing. Just keep doing what you are doing and the plateau will go away.

Mark Baker said...

Congrats on all of them!

I didn't make any resolutions this year, and I'm sticking to mine just fine.