Tuesday, July 23, 2013

You Burped What?

Last December for either my birthday or Christmas (they are both in December), I bought myself a red Keurig Mini coffee maker. It was love at first use!

So here I am 8 months later and the thing sounds like an old man getting up from a chair. And like an old man, the machine needs a couple of tries to accomplish its task.

Arghhh! 8 months and the thing is ready for the junk pile? Really!

Not so fast...

Since I had never cleaned the thing thoroughly, I went online and learned how to do it and followed the instructions to the letter ... or to the end of an unfolded paperclip. 

By the way, here are the official cleaning instructions on YouTube.

Done in under 10 minutes. Still it won't brew properly. Grrrrr!

Next, I did what I do for all of life's problems, I Googled.  I asked the wise and mighty search engine: what to do if Keurig mini stops working.  And like it always does, Google answered, leading me to instructions I didn't believe for a single minute.  It said I should "burp" my coffee maker.

Yes - burp. As in burping a just fed baby.

Skeptical, but unwilling to give up on my beloved coffee maker, I followed the instructions found on the K-Cup Barista's website

O.M.G.

It worked!

Who'd a thunk it!

My Keurig is back to new-out-of-the-box working! It's the little Keurig that could!

Last December I also bought myself a Kindle Paperwhite. If it stops working, I am so going to burp it.

1 comment:

Ignacio said...

This is cool!