Thursday, February 09, 2012

Soft Kitty, Sick Kitty

Since all this week the authors at Criminal Minds are discussing the soundtracks of their life, it seemed fitting to talk about the song that's haunting me this morning.


As usual, I woke up today around 5 am. Depending on the call of nature, it normally takes me about 10-20 minutes after waking up to pull my butt out of bed and start my morning chores: clean the cat box, feed the cats, give the cats fresh water, make the bed, catch up on my Words With Friends moves, read e-mail and send greetings to my Facebook friends who have birthdays. It's a simple daily routine that doesn't change no matter what day it is. By 6 am I am putting words to paper on my current WIP - work-in-progress - and work until 8:30 when I must stop and get ready to go to the day job. On weekends, I push everything back by an hour or so and nix the day job.

During this routine my thoughts run to what's next in my WIP, what's on my calendar for the day, what do I want for lunch (buy or pack). Again, simple and routine.

This morning I woke up with a song in my head. And not just any song, but Soft Kitty from The Big Bang Theory, one of my favorite shows.  I'm not sure why this silly song invaded my head. It's never done that before. But there it was at 5 am, circling like a plane caught in a landing pattern over O'Hare.  Over and over and over and over.

This morning, in addition to my usual chores, about 7:30 am I had to clean up cat yak. Seems B had some tummy trouble and parted ways with her breakfast and a hair ball - twice. She's fine now and so is my carpet after a little work with a sponge and Lysol.

Do you think waking up to Soft Kitty was a premotion of the vomiting to come? Or just a coinky-dink?

Soft kitty, sick kitty,
Little ball of fur.
Retching kitty, scared kitty,
Hurl, hurl, hurl

1 comment:

gregkshipman said...

My day starts just like yours... EXCEPT... my eyes are held hostage and forced to open at 6:30, the call of nature bellows like a bull moose, I do nothing with or for the cats- a decision based on not having any, I never make my bed in the morning,which gives the stray inhabitants of the previous night's dreams a chance to escape before my triumphant return from the day's battles. I do, however; make my bed before starting dinner, after all; neatness counts but in my case, not very high. All these things being accomplished (or disaccomplished), I then saunter off to work, and sauntering at 45 below is an accomplishment in itself.

Other than those FEW minor changes, Sue Ann, our mornings are remarkably similar.

As for the Soft Kitty song??... I'ma choose 'coinky-dink'... it sounds more morning-ish than premonition!

Bestest-Restest 'til the crack of dawn and yours cracks way too early, my friend.