Monday, November 01, 2010

Get Off Your Ass And Vote!

On November 2nd, sometime between 7 am and 8 am, I will be waiting in line at Palms Elementary School to vote.  The school is two blocks from my apartment building. No need to drive. Just walk on over, do the deed and walk back. Then I'll climb into my car and head into work.  No muss. No fuss. Very little inconvenience. 

You can even vote by mail if you send it in on time.  I prefer going to the polls.  There is something about standing in the voting booth next to my neighbors and punching out my choices that makes me feel very American in a positive way.

Because this is not a presidential election year, they expect lower turnouts at the polls.  Guess some folks figure if they aren't casting their vote for the top job, it doesn't matter.

Well, it does!

Here in California we have the Governor's seat up for grabs, along with an important US Senatorial seat.  There are also many important measures on the ballot.  I won't go into details about which candidates or measures I support, but you can bet that tonight, when I get home from work, I'll be going over my sample ballot one last time to make sure I'm confident about my choices.

Voting is not just our right, it's our privilege and duty.

So tomorrow, get off your ass and go do it!

2 comments:

Lynne_in_CA said...

Should I wear my "Vote...or shut the f*** up!" T-shirt tomorrow?? LOL!!

Mark said...

I'm planning to skip my morning walk but walk over and vote before I come into work. Need to finalize a few things on my sample ballot tonight, too.