Monday, October 04, 2010

It's Finished, But I'm Not

Last night, or technically this morning, at 12:30 am, I hit the send button on my keyboard and delivered the 2nd book in my new vampire mystery series off to my publisher. The working title is THE BLOOD THAT BINDS, but I'm not sure that title will stick.  We'll just have to wait and see.  I'm also excited to see what Midnight Ink comes up with for a cover since I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE all of their covers.  The 2nd vampire book will be out next September, so stay tuned for announcements about it in the next year.

One thing I must say about this 2nd vampire book - it nearly wrote itself!  It's almost as if the characters whispered each and every scene into my ear and I merely typed it all out like dictation. It's was magic!

The first book in the series, MURDER IN VEIN, is doing well.  Thanks, everyone!  It's brought in a lot of new readers to my work and most of my Odelia Grey and Granny Apples readers have also loved it. 

Please note, dear readers, that MURDER IN VEIN is much darker and edgier than my other series. It is definitely not a cozy or cozy-ish, so if vampires or harder fiction are not your thing, please do not feel you must read it.  I certainly will understand.

Copies of the limited edition hard cover of MURDER IN VEIN are still available, but only from independent mystery book stores.  Most of the book stores where I have had or will have signings will have them, so check my calendar for upcoming signings.

Next up:

October 9, 2010 - 1:00 p.m.
Book Signing and Discussion on Murder In Vein
Mysteries to Die For
2940 Thousand Oaks Boulevard
Thousand Oaks, California 91362
(805) 374-0084

So what's next on the horizon?  Well, next I must do the final edits on TWICE DEAD, the 6th Odelia Grey novel, followed by the galley proofs for GHOST IN THE POLKA DOT BIKINI, the 2nd Granny Apples mystery. On November 1st I begin work on the 3rd Granny Apples book.  My working title is GHOST ON THE GALLOWS and much of it takes place in the small town of Jim Thorpe, PA.  GHOST ON THE GALLOWS will be my 11th novel for Midnight Ink.  Wow, does time fly or what?

As for now, I'm hanging up my writer hat for a couple of days, but just a couple. I'll get my home in order and take care of things like my website, catch up correspondence and other chores that have fallen by the wayside.  In a little over a week I'll be heading to San Francisco for Bouchercon.

As for now, I need a nap.

2 comments:

Lynne DeVenny said...

Congrats, Sue Ann! You are absolutely amazing. I think this definitely calls for a spa day :)

Mark said...

Congrats!