Saturday, September 04, 2010

You're Never Too Old To Play In The Mud

Mud Pool Area at Glen Ivy
This past April my friend Susan and I spent the day relaxing at the Glen Ivy Spa in Corona.  It was so wonderful that we promised ourselves we would do this once a quarter.  Even though it's late into the 3rd quarter of the year, tomorrow we stick to that promise.  We'll be spending the entire day immersed in sun, mineral pools and mud. CAN'T WAIT!

Today I'm writing my heiny off on vampire book #2.  It's going very well.  I was about two weeks ahead of schedule, then work turned very demanding and I had a slight cold/allergy situation and I lost my lead, but it's still on track to be completed by its due date of October 1st - just 27 days away.  Usually around this time before a due date I'm a nut job. I'm not with vampire book #2.  Not sure why. Maybe I've cranked out so many books by now I'm not as crazed by looming deadlines.  Or maybe it's because the book is really humming along smoothly.  It's almost as if it's writing itself.  I wish they all went this well.  And I'm really enjoying it, both the writing and the story.

On Monday it's back to the keyboard and the vampires. Tuesday it's back to the law firm.  But for tomorrow, not a single word will be written, not a single plot line considered, not a single piece of promotion done or thought about.  Tomorrow it's all about R&R and spending time with a dear old friend.

1 comment:

Lynne DeVenny said...

You deserve a good wallow, Sue Ann - wallow some for me! :)