Friday, September 24, 2010

That Thumb Drive Goes Where???

I am 10 days from my deadline to deliver the 2nd book in my vampire mystery series to my publisher. The book is going very well and is surprising even me with its exciting twists and turns. I never knew vampires could be such fun.

More than once in the past two days I've said to someone that the ending is in my head playing like a movie. All I have to do is get it out through my fingers and onto the page.  The problem is, between now and the finish of the book are thousands of words, big and small, that lay it all out for the reader. With just 10 days left, I don't want to be bothered with all the verbs, nouns, pronouns, adverbs, adjectives, prepositions, conjunctions, and interjections. Oh, and let's not forget all those pesky quotation marks in the dialogue.

I just want to cut the last few scenes out of my head and paste them to the page. Cut 'n paste - is that asking too much?

Then how about a thumb drive I can stick into my ear, upload the book's ending, then stick the thumb drive into my computer. Ta Da!  Book finished!

Steve Jobs and Bill Gates - Are you listening?  Forget fancy phones and new operating systems, just make me a flash drive that works with my brain.

No comments: