Friday, August 06, 2010

Birthers Give Me Heartburn

The news this morning really pissed me off.  I know. I know. I say that a lot.

First, let me count the good stuff happening today, lest I forget:  it's Friday; my new manuscript is going great; Murder In Vein is about to come out; I'm busy at the office; Prop 8 was overturned in CA (big YAY on that!), and I'm eating a donut.

Okay, so what has my rather large granny panties in a bunch?  So glad you asked...

It seems the freaking "Birthers" won't get a life (pun intended). This morning on one of the lead stories is about Lt. Col. Terrence Lakin, a decorated veteran Army doctor who is refusing to deploy to Afghanistan because he feels President Obama has not yet proven he was born in this country, and therefore his orders are illegal

"The truth matters. The Constitution matters," [Lakin] said. "If President Obama is a natural-born citizen, then the American people deserve to see proof, and if he is not, then I believe the orders in this case were illegal."


Let's see... there is a birth certificate from the State of Hawaii, certified by that State's Health Director and verified by the Republican governor of Hawaii. And not one, but two, birth announcements from 1961 published in Honolulu newspapers have been dug up.

How much more proof do these lame-asses need?  I have less proof of my birth location, yet no one questions that.

Granted, no one wants to go to Afghanistan, any more than I want people to be shipped there, but to use this tired and bogus birth certificate issue as the reason why he refuses to deploy is unconscionable for an educated leader in our armed forces. This man is not only an officer, but a doctor. Let's face it folks, this shit is nothing more than camouflage for Lt. Lakin's racist views.  And what kind of an example is that to our troops who are serving every day in hell holes around the world.

SHAME ON YOU, LT. LAKIN ... on so many levels.


NoraA said...

Actually it's NOT a BC..It's a Certificate of Live Birth... I have one of those because my hospital issued one was sealed by the courts when Mommy Dearest remarried and I stupidly allowed him to adopt me, changing my last name (which I've since taken back)

So there is a smidgen of truth in all those lawsuits that were filed.

SPN Headines said...

New Witness say Obama was Conceived in the U.S. - SHOCKING story at:

Peace! :-)

dancilhoney said...

I recommend Heartburn no more because of that after 2 weeks my chest pain and constant burning has gone..