Sunday, June 27, 2010

Getting My Money's Worth

Whether it be food, clothes or airline tickets, there is nothing I like better than a bargain.

This week I had to replace one of my cats' favorite toys. I remember when I bought it. It was such a hit I even blogged about it ... on October 28, 2007. Yes, you read that right. I blogged about this cool cat toy 2-1/2 years ago. Back then I thought it was the best thing since clumping kitty litter. I've since changed my mind. Now I think it's the best thing since chocolate found its way to America. Well, okay, maybe it's not THAT good, but close.

Over the years my cats have totally demolished the poor little mouse on this gizmo. First he lost his tail. That took all of a few days. Then it was an ear. Then the other ear. In the end the poor little gray thing hardly had any fur left on its golf ball sized body and the metal arm on which he rode was bent until it wouldn't turn smoothly. I'd even straightened it a few times. In the time it has resided in a primo spot on the floor near my computer, this toy has been played with every single day, several times a day. B especially loves it and bats the mouse around the track for large chunks of time. It's the only toy she plays with consistently.

But alas, with so much abuse, the only humane thing to do was to send the battered little stuffed mouse to a happy resting place.

This silly toy cost me $12.99 nearly 3 years ago. Guess what it cost today? Go ahead, guess.


That's right - it's not only the best freaking cat toy in the world but it went down in price instead of up, unlike everything else.

When I brought out the new Cat 'n Mouse, I could have sworn B's eyes lit up and she actually danced a little jig.

1 comment:

Diana said...

I actually remember the day you first bought this toy, you were so thrilled that B and Raffi loved it. It's such a wonderful feeling to give your pets joy!!