Thursday, June 17, 2010

19 Days and Counting (YIKES!)

You know what today is? Today is the day I start digging really, really, really deep for my writing reserve energy. Nineteen days from today, the manuscript for Odelia Grey book #6 is due.

Oh yeah, you read that right - 19 days!!!

And I'm no where close to being finished.

Right now the working title for the book is Body Bingo, but I've learned not to get too attached to book titles. They have a way of changing from the time the manuscript hits my editor's desk to the time the book is returned to me with editorial suggestions. And usually the titles they pick are the best, so I'm not worried.

I've been working hard on the manuscript ever since I returned from my last book trip. And after a stall a few weeks ago, it's now up and singing its heart out like a finalist on American Idol. It's moving quickly. (YAY!!!) But I still have a long way to go. More importantly, I'm really having fun with it and love the direction the book has taken. It's a joy to work on. Which is a good thing, because except for when I'm at the law firm, that's pretty much all I'll be doing between now and July 6th.

Well, I do have dinner plans with Juliet Blackwell, Sophie Littlefield and Pop Culture Nerd this Saturday evening. But a gal's gotta eat, so why not dine surrounded by great, charming and witty company - right?

BTW - Juliet and Sophie will be talking about their new books this Saturday at 3 pm at the Mystery Book Store in Westwood. Come on down and have some fun.

After Body Bingo gets turned it, next up will be vampire book #2 and the first 100 pages of Granny Apples #3. The vampires are getting restless and I have to keep batting them out of my brain while I work on Odelia. They don't share well, but at least they're not showing signs of hunger. The working title for the second vampire mystery is The Blood That Binds. The working title for Granny Apples #3 is Ghost of a Gamble. I have the story line all figured out, but still need to do some research. I want to get that rolling so if my publisher decides to put the first chapter or so in the back of Ghost in the Polka Dot Bikini (coming out Feb. 2011), I'll have it ready.

So if you don't see me around the Net for awhile, don't worry, I'm okay. I'm just glued to my computer and my manuscript(s).
19 Days - Shoot me now - Better yet, shoot me on July 7th. I'll have a bit of time then.

3 comments:

Dru said...

You can do it.

Mark said...

But even if I shoot you on July 7th, I won't get any more great books from you. Sorry, you're just going to have to keep writing.

Diana said...

Keep up the great work, Sue Ann, you're so close!! YOu know you work best under pressure ;-)