Thursday, March 11, 2010

These Feet Were Made for Fund Raising

It’s time once again for me to put my feet where my mouth is, and I don’t mean chewing on them in embarrassment.

Sunday, April 11th, I’ll be lacing up my sneakers and pounding the pavement to raise money for the Los Angeles Ronald McDonald House, one of my favorite charities. As with the past few years, I will be participating with Hooper's Troopers, the walking team made up of folks from the law firm where I work.

This year the 5K walk will take place at Universal Studios – how fun is that going to be?!

Every year I put several character names in my books on the block to raise money for this event. This year all the names were “sold” before I could take the offer public.

WOW! THANKS EVERYONE!

But you can still participate in one of the following ways:

*You can make a donation and let my feet do your walking. To make a donation to my account, simply go here and follow the instructions; or

*You can sign up to join Hooper's Troopers and bring in your own donations. You don’t need to be employed by the law firm to join us. Just sign up for our team and come prepared to be active and have fun.

1 comment:

Diana said...

Put on those walking shoes!! What a complement, you sold the names in your upcoming books before you could post the offer! That's a testament, sounds like there are some devoted fans out there.