Monday, March 22, 2010

A Not So Cheap Craving

Recently, I made a late night secret run to a fast food restaurant. I won't tell you which one, but let's suffice it to say I made a run for the border in my quest for food definitely NOT on my new healthy eating plan.

After all, who would know? And I could do extra crunches and treadmill time to make up for it. Right?

I drove the couple of miles to the restaurant. I rolled into the drive-thru. I placed my order. I drove up to the window, paid and received my soda and food.

So far, so good. I just had to drive home and stuff my face in greasy delight in front of the TV.

Then the gods laughed and said, Not so fast, Slick...

As I drove out of the drive-thru, my left side mirror caught on the gizmo that tells you how much you should pay. Fortunately, I was going at a crawl, but the impact was enough to break the plastic casing around the mirror. The mirror is fine, but the casing, not so much. I take comfort in knowing it could have been worse. I could have smashed the mirror clean off the car.

All for a cheap crunchy taco.

And, no, alcohol was NOT involved.

Who in the hell decided to put those price boxes at exactly the same height as the mirror on my Focus? Who? Who? Who?

I wanna know so I can let the air out of his tires.

No comments: