Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Natural Born Liars - It's a Game, Folks!

Okay folks, sit back and enjoy or play along, it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

Are Authors Natural Born Liars? That seems to be the question or point of this exercise.

This fun award was created by Lesa Holstein at Lesa's Book Critiques.

The rules are simple.

1.Thank the person who gave this to you. Thanks goes out to Hannah Dennison.

2.Copy the logo and place it on your blog. Done

3.Link to the person who nominated you. See #1 above.

4.Tell us up to six outrageous lies about yourself, and at least one outrageous truth.

I won money on a TV game show.
My mother was a NYC Rockette.
One of my cats had a sex change.
I was once married to a man I met on a cruise ship
I threw up in front of Bob Barker.
Jack Nicholson once tried to pick me up.
I'm related to Michelle Obama.
I've been arrested twice.

5. Allow your readers to guess which one or more are true. Go for it folks!

6. Nominate seven "Creative Writers" who might have fun coming up with outrageous lies.

Alan Orloff - A Million Blogging Monkeys
A.H. Ream - Dispatches from the City of Angels
Eric Stone - Meanderings
Beth Groundwater
Keith Raffel - Dot Dead Diary
Pop Culture Nerd
Christa Faust - Deadlier Than the Male
Deb Sharp - Ask Mama

7. Post links to the seven blogs you nominate. See #6 above.

8. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them. Okey dokey.


Deborah Sharp said...

Cute post, Sue Ann ...
I think you married a man you met on a cruise ship, and that your mom was a Rockette. (I'm a bit miffed you didn't nominate ME as a creative liar ... you do know my whole ASK MAMA advice blog is made up, right?

Sue Ann Jaffarian said...

My horrible oversight has been corrected, Deb. LOL As soon as I saw your name on comments, I thought, damn that one should have been one of the first I thought of.

Alan Orloff said...

Thanks for the award, Sue Ann. I'm going to say you once threw up in front of Bob Barker. By accident, of course.

Pop said...

Hi Sue Ann,

Thanks for the award! It just so happens I received this from another blogger last week and just posted my statements. It's HILARIOUS what people thought was true about me.

As for yours, I think you vomitted in front of Bob Barker, won money on a game show (both could've happened at the same time), and your mom was a Rockette.

Keith Raffel said...

Okay, Sue Ann. I have posted my own entry into the contest.

Keith Raffel said...

Arrested, but only twice?

Diana said...

Oh yea, I think you've been arrested twice. I know your cats, there's no transgenders in that bunch!

Stacia said...

I'm going for the Rockette and Jack Nicholson offerings as being true. Although I was tempted to say that you married Bob Barker on a cruise ship and then threw up from seasickness...

When do we get the truth?

Maryann Miller said...

I've had fun following this award from blog to blog. Since you did not say how many of your answers were lies and how many were true. I'm going to guess that your cat having a sex change is a lie. Neutering is one thing, but a sex change? I don't think so. The rest could all be true. I don't know you well enough to be certain, but I just have a sense about you.