Monday, February 08, 2010

Dead People and Deadlines

Just this minute - this VERY MINUTE - I hit the send button and sent my final manuscript of Murder In Vein , complete with final edits, off to my editor at Midnight Ink. The manuscript was due February 1st, and it was delivered on time. They gave me 1 week to do the edits and I delivered those on time. OOO-RAH!

Whew... I'm bushed. Except for a celebratory dinner with Darrell and Diana James on Saturday night (Darrell just landed a 3-book contract with Midnight Ink), I was glued to my editing all weekend. I won't be seeing Murder In Vein again until May when I receive the proofs before it goes to print.

Come celebrate my slaying of deadlines by visiting my guest blog today at Beth Groundwater's blog. I'm seeing dead people over there. Big surprise, huh?


Hannah Dennison said...

Sue Ann!!! Bravo! I was just thinking about you--- congratulations! You are such an inspiration!

Alan Orloff said...

There's nothing quite like the feeling of meeting a deadline after working your butt off. Congrats!

Heather Webber said...

Congrats on hitting send, Sue Ann! That's wonderful.

And just in time -- I nominated Babble 'N Blog for the "Creative Writer" Blogger Award (aka the Bald Faced Liar Award). Stop by the Cozy Chicks to see what it's all about and get the rules, etc.