Monday, February 15, 2010

Danger, Bitch Ahead.

I swore at my trainer today. Well, actually, I didn't swear AT him, but I did swear and growl a lot during my work out. You see, I woke up in a foul mood this morning and usually I don't.


I'm one of those annoying types who usually wakes up with a smile on my face and a sunny attitude, even if I've only gotten a few hours of sleep. I don't even need coffee to perk me up. Not sure why I didn't wake up cheerful today, but I didn't. I woke up ready to cry my eyes out and kick the cat box. (Please note, I said cat box, not cat.)

Today was measure and weigh-in day at the gym. I can see a lot of you nodding in understanding. Weigh-ins will put a woman in a foul mood every time. Right? But I've lost weight and inches. Not as much as I had hoped by now, but enough to feel and see the difference both in my clothes and in my general well being and stamina.

I can now do 100 crunches a day - HAH!

My trainer's name is Justen Grant. He's a lovely man and was recently named one of Bally's top trainers for their entire Western Region. Justen knows what he's doing. Me? Not so much. I haven't a clue what I'm doing. I just know I want to be healthier and fitter and shop in stores other than those that carry plus sizes.

I also know I want to participate in and finish the 2011 LA Marathon in 13 months. Count 'em - 13. Between now and then I have to deliver 3 new books to my publisher. With a schedule like that, those 13 months are gonna fly by in the blink of a computer screen. But even with such a heavy writing schedule, I know I can get myself in shape for the Marathon. What's more, the exercise clears my head so that I write better and faster and with more dedication. It's a win-win.

So what's the $#*&!$ problem today? I have no idea. Maybe it's the mental and physical let down after delivering Murder In Vein to my publisher in record time. Maybe it's worry over my upcoming insane schedule. Maybe it's simply hormonal.

Whatever it is - GO THE HELL AWAY! Now. This minute. We're talking don't let the door hit you on your ass on the way out kind of go away. I need my focus back and my head in both the writing and workout game. And I won't take no for an answer or listen to any lame ass whining.

Got that, Sue Ann?!


Mark said...

Go loose yourself in a good book. I find that helps me.

Hope you can shake the bad mood and have a better day.

Hannah Dennison said...

It's true - I've never known you in a bad mood. Ever. You always have a smile for everyone. Suspect it IS the fall-out from finishing Murder in Vein in record time -- and maybe, you need to take a little Sue Ann time if you can - one that doesn't include working out (good for you!!!) or writing ... anyway - that's just my 2 cents. I know you'll be back to your usual lovely self tomorrow!

Diana said...

Awwwweee... I just love a tough bitch!! You go girl.