Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Corpse on the Cob is in the House!

Seems like just a few months ago I was in Massachusetts researching corn mazes for Corpse on the Cob. It was a very pleasant trip. I stayed at Henry Farm, a charming country B&B in Chester, Vermont for a few days, did some book signings in VT and NH, and caught up with my brother, who I hadn't seen in years, in Lebanon, NH. The second half of my trip was spent with my family in the Sturbridge, MA area, where I had a few more book signings and attended a family wedding. I also met my friend Stacia on that trip when she and her husband Jon attended a Labor Day party at Henry Farm. It was definitely one of my favorite vacation/writing trips.

While at the B&B, every morning I got in quality writing time at their picnic table while gazing at pine studded mountains. The manuscript I was working on came to be known as Booby Trap. My niece Lindsay drove up to Sunderland, MA and stomped through the hot, dusty corn maze with me at Mike's Maze. Today she's the mother of a 14-month old, with baby #2 due in March.

Yep, seems like just a few months ago, but it was really 2-1/2 years ago! Time flies when you have your nose buried in fiction and your fingers glued to a keyboard.

I was born in Massachusetts and spent most of my childhood there before moving with my family to California. Eventually, all the family moved back to the East Coast, except for me. But it's still home and always will be. From inception, through research, to publication, Corpse on the Cob holds a lot of fond memories.

Corpse on the Cob went live today on Amazon! That means it will be in your favorite book store soon. If it's not, ask for it. And while reading it, remember that I had a hellava good time writing it.

Reviews of Corpse on the Cob:

Jaffarian keeps getting better and better at blending humor, suspense, and romance. - Publishers Weekly

Like its predecessors, this fifth series title (after Booby Trap) is a delight. - Library Journal

Suspenseful and thrilling, with just the right dash of humor and romance ... - Fresh Fiction

1 comment:

Mark said...

Congrats! I'm only one book behind at the moment, and plan to read this one this Spring. I'm looking forward to it!