Friday, November 27, 2009

Stay-Cation in Progress

Today is day 7 of my stay-cation. Just a couple more days and I'll be back to the good ole day job. I gotta say, stay-cations ROCK! I am loving my time off. It's the first time I can remember taking a whole week off work without being sick or travelling. Or being laid off.

At the beginning, I made a list of things to get done while off work this week, and while I still have a couple of days left, some items have already fallen by the wayside. See what I mean below:

Clean and organize closet – still has possibilities, maybe later today or tomorrow

Read a book – in progress

Lunch with friends – So far I've met up with two of them. Bonus was former boyfriend calling and taking me to dinner on Tuesday night.

Visit the Getty Museum – This isn't going to happen, but is being substituted with trip to Olvera Street today with friend Susan. This is actually a research trip for possible use in Granny Apples #3 book.

Shampoo carpet – I'm telling you right up front, this ain't happening. I'm having way too much fun to move furniture and deal with disturbed pets. But I did scour the apt. from top to bottom.

Attend Drag Queen Bingo - check. Went with friend Patti. Though the trip was for background to use in book, not sure it will go into book now, but we did have a great time. BTW, this is a very fun thing to do when in Los Angeles. All proceeds go to a chosen charity for the night and there are no cash prizes, but the prizes were fabulous - tickets to the theatre, dinners at wonderful restaurants, wine, etc. We went to the 7 pm show and arrived by 6 so we could have dinner first. Pal Ashley advised to eat first because the bingo games move fast. She was so right. Food at Hamburger Mary's was very good. Drink menu is extensive.

Write until my fingers are bleeding stumps – in progress

Other items since added to list:

Read proofs of Corpse on the Cob which is going to print on December 11th - in progress

Put up Christmas decorations - tomorrow

Catch up on e-mails and update website - this weekend.

See, absolutely NO time to shampoo carpet.

This week also began the negotiations for my new vampire series. Nothing is a done deal yet, but my agent and publisher were working hard earlier this week and should button things up next week. If all goes well, you can expect to see my first vampire novel in the fall of 2011! Wooooooooo Hooooooooooooo!

Photos: Left - Bridget of Madison County calling bingo along with Bingo Boy; right - This is how your dinner bill arrives.

2 comments:

A.H. Ream said...

Did you do the call backs at bingo? Tell me you did the call backs.

Sue Ann Jaffarian said...

But of course we did the call backs! I was hoarse this morning from all the yelling and screaming.

"What's the name of the game? -- BINGO!"

"And how do we play it? -- LOUDLY!"