Sunday, November 29, 2009

Call Me Crazy, But I Miss Work

As I write this it is 10:50 pm on Sunday. In 10 minutes I will be going to bed, my stay-cation at an end. It was a blast. Something I definitely must plan on for next Thanksgiving.

In review, I didn't get a lot of the things done around the house that I wanted to do, such as shampooing the carpet and cleaning out my big closet. But I did do a lot of things I wanted to do, such as see several friends, write a lot, and clean my apartment top to bottom. I also went to Olvera Street, something I hadn't done in years, and did some research for both the next Granny Apples book and the next Odelia Grey book. On top of that, I read through 2/3 of the proofs for Corpse on the Cob, which goes to print on December 11th. Oh yeah, and I slept a lot.

So I'm heading to bed in a couple of minutes satisfied with what I've accomplished in the last 9 days.* And I'm heading to bed ready to resume work at the law firm. I know it must sound crazy with everything else on my plate, but I was actually starting to miss my work as a paralegal. That tells me it's time to go back.

I also watched several movies this week. Some were sentimental favorites like Love Actually and Sleepless in Seattle. But one movie really stood out. Yesterday I watched Changeling, the movie starring Angelina Jolie and directed by Clint Eastwood. It was both fabulous and terrifying and I spent a great deal of today thinking about it. If you haven't seen Changeling, check it out.

*Although I did a lot of writing this week, tonight I came to the conclusion that I'm not happy with what I've done on Odelia #6, which was considerable. Happy with what I accomplished. Not happy with the results. But that's okay, because somewhere between watching Dexter and The Amazing Race tonight, I had a brainstorm about Odelia #6 and know exactly how to fix it. Of course, it will require a major overhaul. But that's all part of the writing game.

No comments: