Thursday, October 22, 2009

Bravo - What In The Hell Were You Thinking?

Bravo TV has become the "Rich People Behaving Badly" channel.

There, I've said it. And I say to you, Bravo TV: Shame, shame, shame.

I've always been a big Bravo TV watcher, which still has some of my favorites shows like Top Chef and Inside the Actor's Studio, and until recently considered it a fairly classy network. But somewhere along the line, someone at the network decided that watching rich, privileged women cat fight, bitch and scream, and spend with no conscience would be great and enlightening entertainment. I've watched one episode each (and not even full episodes) of The Real Housewives of Atlanta, The Real Housewives of Orange County, The Real Housewives of New York and The Real Housewives of New Jersey, and wanted to retch each time. And don't even get me started on a few of their other shows.

Real housewives my big fat ass!

Even in good times, I would find these shows appalling. Given the present state of the economy, job losses and foreclosures, I find these shows a slap in the face of the REAL housewives and househusbands across the nation who daily clip coupons, juggle car pools, scrub floors, care for sick children, and fix broken plumping. These men and women raise entire families on what one of the wives on a Bravo show pays for a cocktail dress. They are the REAL heroes of the American family. I shudder to think what other countries think when they watch these Bravo atrocities.

Question for James Lipton: Mr. Lipton, do you have to go to the studio with a bag over your head?

3 comments:

Mark said...

Well, it's good to know I'm not missing anything. (Not that I thought I was.)

sparkly said...

Hear hear!!

Hannah Dennison said...

I couldn't agree more! Sorry i can't make your book signing today Sue Ann ... I know you will be as amazing as always!