Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Seems Like Only Yesterday ...

Just learned that Corpse on the Cob, the 5th book in the Odelia Grey mystery series, is now available for pre-order on Amazon! Woooo Hoooo! It is scheduled for release February 2010.

Wow! When looking at my Amazon author's page today, I was struck by how many books I now have under my belt - 5 Odelias, 1 Granny Apples and some miscellaneous contributions. And I'm currently working on Odelia #6 and Granny #2. Seems like only yesterday, I was dreaming of having a body of work lined up like candles on a birthday cake. And now here it is!

Today is also the launch day for A Bad Day For Sorry by my friend Sophie Littlefield. I had the privilege of reading A Bad Day For Sorry several months ago. Try it, you'll love it!

Remember all you aspiring authors out there, there was a time when I was working on my first novel and struggling to get published. Same with Sophie. There are no short cuts. No magic pill. No special words of incantation. It takes a lot of work, dedication, commitment, and sacrifice to create a book, sell it to a publisher, and get it into the hands of readers. And the work never stops.

But it can happen. Sophie and I are proof of that.

2 comments:

Rose Pressey said...

Congrats! Time flies when you're having fun, huh?

Sophie Littlefield said...

Sue Ann, thank you for being my friend and supporter every step of the way! xo