Sunday, August 23, 2009

Lusty Confessions of a Middle-Aged Crazy Woman

I have several things to confess, right here, right now. And I don't care who in the hell reads this.

I am in lust with Alexander Skarsgård. For those of you not in the know, Skarsgård plays the 1,000-year-old bad-boy vampire, Eric Northman, on the fabulous HBO show True Blood. I mean, look at him! He's even sexy when he has fresh blood dripping from his fangs.

The thing is, I have never had a fondness for fair-skinned blonds. I prefer men on the swarthy side and closer to my age, so it surprised the begesus out of me when I found myself holding my breath until each time his character showed up on screen.

Holy batshit, I am waaaaaay too old to be behaving like an obsessed teeny-bopper. In fact, I'm old enough to be this boy's mother for cripes sake. Ummm, that's Alexander's mother not Eric's. After all, Eric is supposedly 1,000 years old and, well, I'm not... yet.

For many reasons, I thought this past week's episode of True Blood ("I will Rise Up") was the best one yet. And I would feel that way even if the episode didn't feature Eric Northman stretched out naked on a bed. Really, I would! I liked this episode so much I've watched it at least 3 times. For the crisp dialogue, of course.

Oh boy, Sunday night is just around the corner. I can't wait.

Eric, you can bite me anytime...


Dee-Dee said...

Never too old to fantasy rob the craddle I do it often LOL

Mark said...

So, does this mean that a young, blond vampire will show up in the third Granny Apple book?

Sue Ann Jaffarian said...

I can assure you, Mark, that no vampires of any kind will be showing up in my Granny Apples books. :)