Wednesday, July 08, 2009

My New BFFs

Okay, enough ranting. Now let me do some raving.

Yesterday, Abigail Wong, a friend and one of the attorneys at my office, turned me on to a new blog site. It's simply called Margaret and Helen.

It was love at first read.

The Margaret and Helen blog offers the comments of, appropriately enough, Margaret and Helen, two octogenarians who have been friends for over 60 years. Mostly it is written by Helen, who lives in Texas. Margaret lives in Maine.

Now if your first impression is that this is a blog about cats and crocheting, think again! This blog is a gutsy commentary on politics and social issues. It's refreshing, honest,and well written, and will make you laugh as it makes you think.

Example from "Don't Cry for Me Argentina": Is there something special about a Republican tallywacker that it requires so much attention?

I rest my case ...

1 comment:

ladymarilyn said...

Oh, they are delightful. Thanks for letting us know about them.