Thursday, May 28, 2009

Signed on the Dotted Line!

Tuesday I signed and delivered the option agreement for Too Big To Miss, the first book in my Odelia Grey mystery series. The book was optioned by producer Brad Wyman and No Net Films, Inc. My book has been optioned before, and although the person who optioned it worked very hard, it never made it into production. Maybe Mr. Wyman and his company will be the magic combination to take Odelia from print to screen.

I met with Brad Wyman a couple of weeks ago over coffee. He's a very pleasant sort, seems fun-loving, focused, high energy, and dedicated to his craft, and to making Odelia into a household name. Gotta love that in a producer. He's also pretty cute, though truthfully, I'd think the Elephant Man was cute if he was optioning my work.

The next step is seeing where this all leads, something I have no control over.

GO BRAD!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting and I'd LOVE to see Odelia on the big screen. Woo-hoo! Would love to hear who you'd want to play her (since Camryn Manheim blurbed you, I'd imagine she's in the mix).

Me, Myself, and I said...

Congrats!! Maybe the casting will cause as much controversy as did the whole Tom Cruise/Anne Rice thing did. Anywho...I'm glad for ya and sad at the same time. Hollywood never does justice to a book. Hopefully your will! Congrats!!