Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Ups and Downs on a Tuesday

This morning was a tough one for me. I had to cancel my plans to attend the Malice Domestic conference in a few weeks. In light of the layoffs at work and the overall economy, I decided it best not to let loose with unnecessary funds or vacation time right now. I need for my life and the world in general to stabilize a bit.

But the morning wasn't a total heartbreak. Bill Krause, my editor at Midnight Ink, sent me a draft of the cover for Corpse on the Cob, book 5 in my Odelia Grey mystery series. Once again, Midnight/Llewellyn and the artistic talents of Ellen Dahl have exceeded my expectations with regard to covers.

I am about 3/4 done with the final edits to Corpse on the Cob. This is my favorite part of editing, when I get to revisit the book after my publisher has provided their comments and I've had a bit of breathing room. It's almost like seeing it for the first time.

Corpse on the Cob will be released late January/early February 2010.

3 comments:

A.H. Ream said...

It's hard to be brave, but you're doing a damn good job of it.

Keith Raffel said...

Lookin' good!

The Book Resort said...

Love it : }