Friday, April 17, 2009

One Sick Kitty

I'm home sick today. I was home sick yesterday. Except for feeling tired and having a twinge of a headache, I went to bed Wednesday night feeling fine. After all, my taxes were done and mailed, Corpse on the Cob was finished, and three big projects at work were under control. However, I woke up in the middle of the night not so fine and spent 20-30 minutes hanging my head over the toilet. I thought it was food poisoning, by my own hand no less, but as fever and chills set in and my headache erupted like a volcano, I had to give in to the fact that I had a bug.

Yesterday was spent entirely on the sofa watching TV, mostly movies, one after the other, as I dozed. The cats took turns keeping me company. You'd think with 2 days home, I'd get a lot of writing done. HAH! You try working on a novel with a samba in your stomach and a mariachi band in your head. It's even difficult to read in that state.

Today I'm a lot better, but weak as a kitten. For the past 40 hours all I've successfully eaten are 2 bowls of oatmeal and 1 bowl of carrot ginger soup, washed down with large amounts of vitamin enhanced water. I'd kill for a cheeseburger, but I'm afraid the cheeseburger might kill me.

The purpose of this blog posting is not to whine about being sick, even though that argument could be made. No, I'm just verbally curious about the timing of this illness. The bug hit me right after I finished up with some very important things. Was it there all along, being courteous so not to disrupt my schedule? Or on Wednesday night did my body finally lay down its defenses for a relaxed, unguarded moment? Either way, viruses suck!

Today I might actually get some reading and writing done, or I may torture myself and watch the Food Network.


Alan Orloff said...

Hope you continue to feel better.

Is that a stunt kitty?

Sue Ann Jaffarian said...

Yes, Alan, that's a "stunt kitty." Mine wouldn't be caught dead near the toilet. Although both love to lay around the wet tub after I shower. Go figure.