Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Another Dream Being Realized

Last night I sat down and watched the clip on You Tube of Susan Boyle's performance on Britain's Got Talent. This clip has already received over 10 million (yes, 10 MILLION) hits. I'm a little late to the party having had to finish book edits and bathe a cat, but I finally made time to see what all the hullabaloo was about.

I'm sure you've heard of Susan Boyle. It's been all over the news. She's the 47-year-old plain Jane, unemployed church volunteer, who wowed the socks off of cynic Simon Cowell and his fellow judges, proving you can't judge a book by its cover, or in this case a voice by its eyebrows. Her performance of I Dreamed a Dream (one of my favorite songs) was absolutely stunning. Ms. Boyle also displayed a spunky and fun personality.

Ms. Boyle will go far. And not just on Britain's Got Talent. The show was just the catalyst, her springboard to the center of the world stage, a place that might otherwise have never allowed her anything more than a balcony seat.

You Go, Girl, seems so inadequate for what this lady has already accomplished.

Susan Boyle is the poster child for all of us struggling to realize our dreams. See what happens when you don't listen to naysayers and cynics?

1 comment:

Me, Myself, and I said...

I, too, was blown away. I love the Les Mis song she sang. I guess Hollywood already got to her 'cause there are pictures of her where she's had a makeover. Her hair is did, her eyebrows plucked and she's wearing some new spiffy clothes. Yay for her.