Sunday, February 22, 2009

Russo's Books Rocks

I spent most of yesterday on the road, travelling 2 hours from LA to Bakersfield for a 2 hour book signing at Russo's Books, and driving the same fairly desolate route back again.

I can honestly say the trip was well worth the time and the gas.

The owners and staff at Russo's are absolutely wonderful. They welcomed me like a celebrity and made sure I was comfortable. The 2 hours flew by as I enjoyed their company and the company of their lovely customers. And we sold a lot of books! One of the highlights of my time at Russo's was watching whole families come into the bookstore and leave with armloads of books. Contrary to what you might think, reading is alive and well.

If you are in the Bakersfield area, stop by and say hello to these great independent book sellers. And while you're at it, pick up a signed copy of Booby Trap. They have a bunch.


ladymarilyn said...

Just started the book, loved the beginning- gonna take my time a savor it.
Congrats and much success. m

ladymarilyn said...

that's take my time AND savor it. ;=)