Wednesday, February 18, 2009

At Least Kiss Me First

I'm in a bad mood today. Actually, I've been in a semi-crabby mood for a few weeks. Not even my wonderful launch party was able to snap me fully out of it. This morning I swung my arms hard and pumped up and down the street for two miles, setting a pace just shy of a run, hoping to burn off some of my pissy attitude. I returned home sweaty, pooped, and feeling great from the neck down. From the neck up, I felt like Andy Rooney.

There are many reasons for this, but one major reason is the constant news about the failing economy, big-ass bonuses paid to unethical executives, layoffs (some of which have hit personal friends), and a stimulus package that I doubt is going to help me in any way whatsoever. Basically, I'm feeling butt-fucked by corporate America and the only thing the government is doing is handing them a tube of KY.

Last week in a radio interview, I made a joke about gathering up all my bills and debts and sending them off to President Obama. If the government can bail out the car companies and the banks, then, dammit, it can just bail me out along with them. And I'd be a hell of a lot cheaper.

You think I'm kidding? Last week it was a joke, this week I'm copying my paperwork. Let's see, 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20500.


Eric said...

We can share postage, save a stamp and an envelope.

sparkly_jules said...

Right on, sistah. Right on.