Sunday, January 04, 2009

The Other Sue

Yesterday I had lunch at the historic El Cholo restaurant with fellow author Dianne Emley. We had a wonderful long lunch over margaritas and grilled fish tacos. Along the way, Sue Grafton's name came up and Dianne asked if I'd seen the photo of Sue Grafton's home office on her website. I had. In fact, I downloaded the photo quite awhile ago because it is my dream office. Maybe not as large, but the set up and built-ins are to die for.

So here it is: Sue Grafton's office vs. Sue Ann Jaffarian's current office.

Just in case you can't guess which is which, mine is the bottom photo. Note the stuffing coming out of the chair. When Raffi feels he's not getting enough attention, he goes straight to the back of my chair. I guess better that than the sofa.

And, by the way, I'll have you know the rest of my apartment DOES NOT look like this. Neither does my office at the law firm. Honest! My home office is the one place I allow mess and chaos. Now if I had an office like Sue Grafton's ...


Diana said...

Hmmm... quite a disparity between the two offices. I have no doubt that you will one day have a "Sue Grafton" office... you're goal driven!!

Rants and Raves said...

Oh, my goodness! I am drooling at the Sue Grafton office. I love it! However, I'm even jealous of yours since my office is the kitchen table which needs to be cleared out at dinner time.