Friday, January 30, 2009

Michael Steele is the New Chairman of the Republican National Committee

If you read my Odelia Grey series, this heading will give you a giggle. For those of you who don't read my books, let me fill you in on the joke.

Michael Steele is paralegal-turned-sleuth Odelia Grey's obnoxious supervising attorney. He is a womanizer, an elitist, arrogant, snide and brilliant. Basically, he's a pain in her big butt. He is not a politician. Nor is he African-American. I'm not sure if he is a Republican or not. It's never come up.

But today the non-fiction Michael Steele was elected as the first African-American Chairman of the Republican National Committee. I saw him once on Real Time with Bill Maher. He's articulate, intelligent, and poised. Wonder if he knows about his fictional counterpart?

1 comment:

Eric said...

I think you must send him a book. Perhaps with a bookmark on the first page with his name on it - underlined. Then again, you have to be careful. If you pay too much attention to your readers you could fall prey to creeping Republicanism.

But probably not.