Monday, November 10, 2008

You Never Know

You just never know who is reading or discovering your blog. You really don't. Sometimes that's a bad thing and sometimes it's a good thing.

Yesterday, a man stumbled upon my blog entry wherein I likened all the books swimming around in my head to sea monkeys and sent me an e-mail about it. And that was a good thing. You see, the man was George C. Atamian, a fellow Armenian and President of Transcience Corporation, the company that created and owns the rights to sea monkeys. Ummm, I mean Sea-Monkeys®.

No, George didn't scold me for using the name of his product without it being properly capitalized or for leaving off the trademark registration symbol. Instead, he was thrilled that I mentioned the little buggers and offered to send me a kit to start my very own Sea-Monkey colony. Of course, I said yes! I remember having Sea-Monkeys as a kid, but haven't seen them since. It will be like a stroll down memory lane.

Wikipedia has a great write-up on the creatures.

1 comment:

Stacia said...

SA-

Please let me know how the Sea-Monkeys work out. I'm thinking they might make the perfect holiday gift for my hard-to-shop-for, egghead friends!!