Monday, November 24, 2008

A Satisfying Weekend

This morning, while stomping up and down Palms Blvd. at 6:30 a.m., I reviewed the weekend in my head and had to say to myself: "Well done!"

This past weekend I edited 150 pages of Corpse on the Cob and wrote a lot of new material. As writing goes, it was extremely productive and satisfying. The book is going well, but being the neurotic that I am, I'm waiting for something to come along and screw up my schedule, making it difficult to meet my deadline on January 5th.

I also got in a lot of good and needed relaxation this weekend. It was one of those weekends I love best. I went nowhere and did nothing much outside of writing, reading, and watching TV. I finished Felicia Donovan's Spun Tales and started Chasing Smoke by Bill Cameron. I'm also reading Dead Dancing Women by Elizabeth Buzzelli.

Besides reading and writing, I watched two of my most beloved movies: Lillies of the Field and A League of Their Own. Lillies of the Field never fails to charm and captivate me. I've seen it so many times I can say the dialogue right along with the characters. Who doesn't LOVE this movie?! And it's always fun to catch reruns of A League of Their Own and see Madonna, Rosie O'Donnell and Gina Davis in younger days, along with a great performance by Tom Hanks as their drunken coach. The ending of this movie always makes me cry, as it reminds me of the women who came before us to pave the way for the freedom we gals enjoy now - Rosie the riveter with a baseball glove.

I finished up the weekend watching the season finale of True Blood - wow, what an ending! And Dexter - wow, what an episode!

Both before and after my morning walk, I was at the computer kicking off my week with more solid writing. It's almost too good to be true -- shhhhhh. No one jinx it!

No comments: