Sunday, October 19, 2008

Saturday Night Loser

Like most folks who dislike Sarah Palin and her politics, I couldn't wait to see her on Saturday Night Live last night. I didn't watch the whole show because I was very tired. I'm finally getting my needed sleep and yesterday was a long and busy day. I also figured that she was probably only on the opening bit. (Did I miss anything by going to bed 30 min. into the show?)

I thought the bit funny, especially when Alex Baldwin whispered into Tina Fey's ear that the "real" Palin was there. But even though I enjoyed it, my overall opinion was that Sarah Palin looked like she wanted to be anywhere but there. To me, she looked like she'd been forced to eat bugs by playground bullies, or was worried she'd get cooties if she touched anything. I'll bet her publicist and McCain's "people" told her that by appearing on the legendary liberal comedy show she'd increase her profile and affect the polls in a positive way.

Fat Chance!

Sarah, the truth is, it's going to take more than appearing to lose that stick out of your ass to change the polls at this late day.


Marin said...

I feel like I missed a post where Sarah Palin personally showed up at your door and kicked your puppy. I'm okay with people having opposing political views, and it doesn't bother me at all if people want to share their views. I've even thought that the SNL sketches I've seen were funny.

Whatever happened to "Love One Another" or "treat others as you'd like to be treated" or even "if you have nothing positive to say, don't say anthing at all?"

I guess my point is, feel free to express your political views, but is it really necessary to say hurtful things about a person because their views differ from yours?

I love your books, and I like your blog. I'm really looking forward to your future projects. I apoligize if I'm taking your words to personally. I guess, I fear that the same words might be said of me, since I'm a woman of opposing political views, but you really don't know me at all.

Sue Ann Jaffarian said...

Marin, I'm apologize if my blog postings about Sarah Palin offended you in any way. And I believe you are taking my words much too personally.

I have several close friends who don't agree with me on the election this year, and often don't agree with me on other major issues. Yet, I don't think less of them for their beliefs at all, and they don't think less of me. We simply agree to disagree, give hugs and move on and continue to enjoy each other's company.

Sarah Palin is a public figure running for office, and therefore open to criticism, even ridicule, as are the other candidates. I am an author, and every time one of my books is released I am held up to criticism along with the praise, and expected to take both graciously. And believe me, my books are not loved by everyone!

This particular election is a very heated and passionate one for many of us on both sides. I believe what happens in November will change the future of this country in many ways. I'm fighting for my choice.