Thursday, October 02, 2008

A Delicate Balance

The new TV season is upon me. Be still my boob tube addicted heart. And I say that without so much as a guilty shiver. While Weeds, my favorite show, is now on sabbatical, several other favorites, such as Dexter, Californication, and Two and a Half Men, have recently started up again. I feel like a kid in a candy shop.

I'm also a big reality TV fan, though I have my standards. Emmy-winning Amazing Race is my favorite and just started its new season. I'd LOVE to go on that show. And I still watch Survivor, the show that started it all, though it has now fallen from "must see" status to "might watch" if I have time. My other favorites are Project Runway and Top Chef, with Biggest Loser completing the list.

As always, I allow myself a hour a day for TV, with the occassional movie time thrown in. I don't have TIVO so I love On Demand and Bravo's habit of rerunning their shows throughout the week. If I didn't keep myself to a tight TV diet, books would never get written or read, correspondence answered, or the house cleaned. But these days my TV time is also doing double duty. While watching these favorite shows, I peddle away on my recumbent bike. Multi-tasking at its best.

As I bury myself in Odelia #5, I will continue do the bulk of my writing in the early mornings with a bit of time spent on it in the evenings, but right now my evening writing time is devoted to the final edits to The Ghost of Granny Apples, and soon it will be spent on reading the final version of Booby Trap before it goes to print.

It's a never-ending cycle, but who's complaining. Not me!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Huzzahs to you for being able to limit your TV watching - this bodes well for the writing, of which we always want more!
Happy to hear that Granny is in the final editing stages, and that Odelia #5 is in the works and #4 is on our horizon in February.
And way to go with the stationary bike!