Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Ranting My Ass Off

I'm sure a lot of you will not agree with me on this issue, but I just gotta say it out loud.

The choice of Sarah Palin as McCain's VP scares the piss out of me. Palin as VP will be as disastrous a mistake as George W's second term.

I won't go into details here as to why. That's been bantered around the news and the blogs and Internet groups more than a tennis ball at Wimbledon. And the reasons are piling up by the day. You just have to pay attention and connect the dots. Anyone should be able to do it.

I'm all for breaking the gender/race/religion barrier in our government. But for cripes sakes people be patient, wait for the right (read: qualified) person. Don't vote for McCain because he's got a boner for the cute governor from Alaska. Don't vote for him just because his running mate pees sitting down. Don't vote for him just because you want a woman "a heartbeat away" from the presidency.

And don't NOT vote for Obama because he's black.

Look at these candidates simply as people. Study their backgrounds, education, accomplishments. Weigh their values and vision for the country. Then decide.

Read and understand the issues at stake here, folks. Remember what the last four years were about. Can we sustain another four or maybe even eight years of that kind of leadership again? That's what this election is really about. It's not about gender or race, it's about survival of our country.

3 comments:

sparkly_jules said...

Amen, Sistah! *applause*


Jules

GABRIELA said...

Preach it! I totally agree with you on this point. Women (unfortunately) seemed to be in awe of her and want to make a point by voting for a woman. Well, this just happens to be the wrong woman. It's 2004 all over again. I hope people don't make the same mistake.

stef said...

I'm printing your comments and pinning them to my lapel for all to see. I could not agree with you more!

This race is very interesting and will surely garner much debate and derision. I could feel it already when I had to hold my tongue after a colleague advised that he thought Cindy McCain should run instead. Gulp.