Monday, September 08, 2008

Another Day, Another Rant

I know, I know ... I should be writing Corpse on the Cob. But can I help it if friends send me stuff to read? Stuff that makes my head explode.

Read this article on Sarah Palin posted on Time. But if you don't have time to read Time, let me pull out the portion that made me froth at the mouth and post it here for you.

Stein says that as mayor, Palin continued to inject religious beliefs into her policy at times. "She asked the library how she could go about banning books," he says, because some voters thought they had inappropriate language in them. "The librarian was aghast." That woman, Mary Ellen Baker, couldn't be reached for comment, but news reports from the time show that Palin had threatened to fire Baker for not giving "full support" to the mayor.

Banning Books!!!???

Excuse me, I have to get back to writing. Gotta get these books written and published before Palin finds out about them.

1 comment:

Chatty said...

Oh, yeah. Scary stuff. The concept was scary enough when Fahrenheit 451 was required reading in school. And THAT was fiction. Presumably. But, maybe not. Gee, do you think Fahrenheit 451 will be on Palin's hit list, too? Because despite the fact that it has no bad language or overt sex in it, it DOES encourage the reader to think...and when people start to think, it's bad for Republicans...or perhaps I am being too harsh?
Nah.
Now, stop reading your comments and get back to work on "Corpse on the Cob" (another great title, btw), because as you point out, your time may be limited...
Hope all is well with you, SueAnn...

Maggie-beth in Phoenix