Thursday, August 21, 2008

It's Official - Well Kinda

Midnight Ink is going to purchase 6 more Odelia Grey books - count 'em - 6!

I have always envisioned the Odelia Grey series as a 12-book series, broken down into 3-book segments. Each segment follows a specific chapter in Odelia's life. The first three books are done and released and the first book in the second segment, Booby Trap, will be out in February 2009. I'm currently working on book 5, Corpse on the Cob, and sketching out book 6.

I've been asked if I feel overwhelmed knowing I have to produce 8 more books in a series. Truth is, no, I don't. I feel excited, exhilarated, and pumped, that Odelia's life will have the opportunity to unfold as I always wanted it to in my mind. I already have ideas for all the remaining books, especially as they pertain to Odelia's growth, so it's not like I'm starting from scratch. I only hope I can provide enough excitement and entertainment for my readers to stick with me to the end.

I've also been asked if Odelia will have life after book 12. Ask me that again after the release of book 11.

My agent tells me the contracts are on the way to us. Once the ink hits the paper, it will be official.


Thanks, Midnight Ink/Llewellyn Worldwide, for having such faith in me and Odelia!

4 comments:

GABRIELA said...

Yay!! Congrats!

Marin said...

I think this is fabulous! I love when my favorite characters get "exteneded runs." One of my favorite series (The Cat Who... books by Lillian Jackson Braun) had over 30 books, and while I don't expect you to write that many, I'm excited by the 12 you hae written/will write.

Congrats & happy writing!

Felicia Donovan said...

My friend, a belated CONGRATULATIONS and so well-deserved! How exciting to all pf your devoted Odelia fans to know she will continue on. You go, Girl.

Felicia Donovan
THE BLACK WIDOW AGENCY Series

Vince said...

I'm a little late to this news, Sue Ann, but congratulations!