Monday, August 18, 2008

Is It Too Early in the Day to Celebrate?

It’s 1:05 a.m. on August 18th, the day my manuscript of The Ghost of Granny Apples is due to my publisher. I just hit the send button, propelling it from my computer to the computer in my editor’s office.

Except for a lovely lunch with my friend Patti Newler on Saturday, I spent the entire weekend putting the finishing touches on the manuscript. Thing is, it was done on Friday, but I wasn’t entirely happy with a few of the key chapters. When I started tweaking them on Saturday, well, one tweak led to another, and here I am at 1:05 a.m. telling you about it.

Think I’ll celebrate by hitting the sack. I have to get up in a few hours and head to the day job.

Odelia book #5 is due to Midnight Ink in just 150 days! I have about 45-50 pages done already. Still, I’d better get cracking! See you folks at 1:05 a.m. on January 15, 2009!

3 comments:

Keith Raffel said...

Celebrate just a mite longer, why don't you? Mazel tov.

Moe said...

That's the problem with tweaking. It suddenly turns into a revision. LOL

GABRIELA said...

150 days????? Already? Wow...Then why the heck aren't we going to see the next one until February!! Sheesh!! Congratulations!