Monday, August 11, 2008

The Home Stretch

This weekend, I never left my apartment. Not once. I buried myself in The Ghost of Granny Apples and only came up to eat, do laundry, vacuum, and pooper scoop the litter box. Late last night I squeezed in watching Olympic gymnastics. The manuscript is due to my publisher in 7 days. It's done. All that's left is the final editing - that final read through and tweaking - and that's moving along very well.

I don't recall ever being this relaxed right before turning in a manuscript. I mean, I'm working hard, but usually during the last few weeks I'm pulling out my hair. Not so this time. I'm not sure if this is because I'm more experienced, this being the 5th novel I've completed for publication, or that I'm too shell shocked from my first attempt to write 2 novels in one year. But whatever it is, I'm running with it!

Speaking of running, it's 6 am and I said I'd be at the day job early today.


Chatty said...

Congratulations, Sue Ann! I've just ordered all three of your books from amazon (our library only has "Curse" - curse them! and I wanted my own copies anyway). So now I have your fist and third books to last me until February and the new book - and now we can look forward to the new series, too.
Here's hoping your manager talks you coming to Arizona next year!
Meanwhile, keep writing, please!
Maggie-beth aka Chatty

Chatty said...

fist? fist?
I'm pretty sure I meant "first"...