Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Bernie Mac's Dead???

Yesterday at lunch, while catching up on some of my favorite blogs, I read a passing comment about Bernie Mac's funeral. Huh? What? Is this a joke? No, sadly, it wasn't. One of my favorite comedic talents had died and was buried while my head was up my ass, oblivious to everything but getting my manuscript to my publisher on time.

Missing news events is a common occurrence in my life during the last few weeks of finishing a book. Once the book is done and sent off, I stick my head back and spend a few days catching up on what has happened around me. Unless something happens directly to me or is on the home page of or making the rounds of gossip at the law firm, I don't pay attention to it. It's like living in a big non-transparent bubble for 2 weeks.

The same goes for my personal life. Since Monday morning I have not written a word that I wasn't required to write. I have slept in a little each morning, spent more time at my day job, and been a couch potato at night watching the Olympics. Over the next few days, I'll catch up with housework, correspondence, and more news. Then it's back to the keyboard for the next book and my daily writing schedule.

Bernie, I may be late in saying this, but you'll be missed!

No comments: