Sunday, July 06, 2008

Scenes From a Long Weekend

The large print hardback edition of Thugs and Kisses is due out any day now. It's being published by Thorndike Press, an imprint of Gale Publishing. They've even slapped on a new cover for the occasion. Kind of like buying a new dress for a special date. If you, or someone you know, would like a large print copy of Thugs and Kisses, the best place to purchase it is through Amazon.

Had a fun time yesterday at Vroman's in Pasadena. I was on a Sassy Sleuths panel with fun gals Harley Jane Kozak, Patty Smiley and Kathryn Lilley. This was a repeat performance from an earlier event when the power went out at Vroman's due to a fire up the street. After, Kathryn and I joined Diana and Darrell James for a bite to eat at the Green Street Restaurant, where the talk centered on the book biz - what else?

Friday was a lazy day. Instead of going to 4th of July festivities, I stayed home, wrote, read and watched movies on TV. Finished L.A. Outlaws by T. Jefferson Parker. (It's an exciting thrill ride!) And started TKO by the delightful Tom Schreck. Another book I finished recently is Mama Does Time by Deborah Sharp. I had the honor of reading a preview copy. It's HYSTERICAL! It's not due out until October, but is available for pre-order.

Today is chock full of house-bound activities. Besides hours of writing, I have a LONG to-do list of chores around the house. I find on days like this, I function best when I write for an hour or so, then do several chores; go back to writing; then a chore or two. When the long day is done, I have a nice stack of finished pages and most of my household jobs are complete. I just finished a few pages on The Ghost of Granny Apples. Next up is laundry and grooming B.

Here kitty, kitty...

Just 40 days until The Ghost of Granny Apples is due at my publisher. YIKES!

Hope you all had a great 4th!

No comments: