Saturday, July 26, 2008

Isn't It Always the Way?

It seems that every time I am down to the wire on finishing a manuscript, my day job explodes with a big project. This week was no different. Right on the heels of having to finish rewriting those 30 pages from my writing marathon of last weekend, we got hit with a big gotta-do-it project at the law firm, which means longer hours and mental exhaustion, which translates into less to no writing time. I haven't written since Wednesday, except for a paragraph or two and my Inkspot blog posting, and that was with swollen eyes and a foggy brain. (Trust me, it's near impossible to write fiction after spending 8-10 hours looking at Excel spreadsheets.)

Last night I came home and made a feeble attempt to work on The Ghost of Granny Apples with no success. So I did the next best thing. I went to bed. I slept 10 hours (something I rarely do) and this morning I'm back at the keyboard feeling refreshed and ready to go. Two days - just me and my manuscript.

And I have to get a lot done this weekend. You see, I have to be to work very early on Monday so the insanity can happen all over again.

20 days.

1 comment:

Hannah Dennison said...

Sue Anne ... I am addicted to your blogs! You are my inspiration! You'll make it! I know you will!